These are the best paleo chocolate chip cookies ever! I love making these jumbo cookies. They are the perfect texture, chewy, and chocolatey. You won’t believe that they are completely gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, and refined sugar-free!
My secret to these amazing chocolatey cookies is using Hu Kitchen chocolate gems. These chocolate gems are made with only three ingredients (Organic cacao, unrefined organic coconut sugar, organic fair-trade cocoa butter). They are 100% paleo and certified gluten-free. These gems create the best chunky chocolate chips for these giant cookies.
I like to use ghee when I make these cookies, but you could substitute coconut oil if you don’t have any ghee. Make sure that the ghee is not melted or else the dough will be greasy and difficult to mix together.
These cookies will hold up well for 3-5 days. I love eating them cold, straight out of the fridge! They remain chewy even after several days.
Let me know what you think of these perfect paleo cookies! Make sure to comment below if you make these!
The Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp ghee (make sure it is solidified, not melted)
- ¾ cup cocount sugar
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 cup Hu Kitchen chocolate gems (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ghee, coconut sugar, almond butter, and vanilla extract. Use an electric hand mixer on medium speed for about one minute, until well combined.
- Add the egg and continue to mix with the electric hand mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds, until the egg is well incorporated into the mixture.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bowl to combine. Mix together by hand, then stir in chocolate gems (or chocolate chips).
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until dough is firm.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough into 8 large dough balls. Add extra chocolate chips to the top of each dough ball if desired.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the outside of cookies start to turn golden brown. The center of the cookies may still be soft but will continue to bake on the cookie sheet after you take them out of the oven.
- Let cookies cool completely (it will be hard to wait!) before removing them from the cookie sheet. Enjoy!
- Store inside a baggie or other airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.